Soundings is a community and stakeholder engagement consultancy with over 15 years’ experience working on some of the most significant and challenging sites in London.
We are involved in a large range of public and private sector built environment projects. These include large scale urban regeneration, estate regeneration, neighbourhood plans, placemaking cultural strategies, town centre plans, one off development sites through to public realm projects amongst others. Through our tailored approach to engagement we ensure that local voices can meaningfully contribute to design decision making and shape the future of places and spaces in intelligent, imaginative and equitable ways. Please see our website for case studies and examples of our projects.
- Lead a team of stakeholder engagement professionals to deliver effective consultation and engagement projects for private and public sector clients. Work as part of the management team, reporting to company directors.
- Manage and lead a project team (6-10 engagement professionals) working across a range of large scale consultation projects, including resource and budget management across the portfolio
- Strategic client management on consultation projects
- Provide direction, support and strategic oversight on individual projects
- Lead senior level engagement with clients and stakeholders
- Provide input into business development, working with the directorship to improve Soundings’ offer of services and products
- Provide leadership enabling the development of creative, innovative consultation approaches
- Provide direction to project leaders in the development of consultation strategies and key deliverables such as workshops, public communications, and events
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Team leadership and management
- Ability to identify, develop and maintain appropriate engagement plans and strategies.
- Confident interacting with, and advising, senior stakeholders and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and resilience with the ability to schedule work, deliver to tight deadlines, respond to changing situations and use personal initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, and to identify, develop and maintain appropriate engagement plans and strategies.
- Well organised, ability to plan and deliver a programme of events/activities.
- Highly collaborative and an ability to identify, develop and maintain a strong network of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of approaches to engaging with residents, communities and a broad and diverse range of stakeholders, ideally within built environment or regeneration projects
- An awareness of likely issues pertaining to project development and authorisations, that may impact on stakeholders
- A solid understanding of the planning process, RIBA stages of development, UK development industry
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects
- Management of a team of professional staff
- Senior client and stakeholder management in UK development industry
- Project and budget management experience
- Experience in consultation/facilitation
Experience in a creative agency
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and
cover letter explaining your interest and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Deadline for applications is 17th May (midnight), but early application is encouraged as we will review applications on rolling basis. Interview dates are to be confirmed.
No agencies please.
Soundings is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusive practice.