£40,000 – 45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time, permanent post, including 3-month probationary period
Soundings is a community and stakeholder engagement consultancy with over 15 years’ experience working on some of the most significant and challenging built environment projects in London and the UK. We are a team of around 25 people working alongside sister company, Fluid. Our people come from a range of backgrounds in architecture, planning, urbanism and communications skills with a common purpose to deliver better places through active participation. This makes for a rich environment and office culture.
We are recruiting for a Communications Manager to focus on strategic communications, initially for one project before moving onto the wider portfolio. You will be working with a senior director, an associate and the wider teams. Responsibilities will include:
- providing strategic advice to client;
- work programming and scheduling;
- managing resident communications;
- liaising with residents and stakeholders about the project;
- preparing comms collateral and engagement materials; and
- general project management and client liaison as required.
- Digital Engagement
- Oversee the day to day management of team members in the development of consultation strategies, events and communications – seeking innovative and effective approaches;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to structure, chair and facilitate meetings with important individuals, stakeholders, councillors, officers and the public (usually in the form of a focus group of some kind).
Knowledge & skills:
- Ideally the candidate will be educated to degree level, or above, in a related field (planning, architecture, urban design, urbanism, strategic communications in relation to urban development)
- You must have a minimum of three to four years’ experience (depending on context) in a similar role within the industry with proven experience of delivering consultation processes from end to end. Creative forms of engagement are particularly relevant;
- Have a thorough understanding of the sector and role of engagement in delivering sustainable communities;
- The candidate must have knowledge of the UK planning process and development industry;
- It is essential to have strong Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft Office skills;
- Experience of embedding social value and of carrying out impact assessments is advantageous as is knowledge of digital engagement tools and prior experience in such a line of work.
- We are also looking for a reliable self-starter who is comfortable responding to changing project needs and tight deadlines;
- Confident interacting with, and advising, senior stakeholders and clients;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the sensitivity to manage challenging conversations at all levels;
- High attention to detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to deliver and coordinate delivery under pressure;
- Excellent oral communication and report writing skills.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and
cover letter explaining your interest and suitability to email@example.com
. Deadline for applications is 17th May (midnight), but early application is encouraged as we will review applications on rolling basis. Interview dates are to be confirmed.
No agencies please.
Soundings is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusive practice.