Community Consultation & Stakeholder Engagement – Experienced Project Leader / Manager
Community Consultation & Stakeholder Engagement – Experienced Project Leader / Managerr
£40,000 – 45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Full-time, permanent post, including 6-month probationary period
Soundings is a community and stakeholder engagement consultancy with over 15 years’ experience working on some of the most significant and challenging built environment projects in London and the UK. We are a team of around 25 people working alongside sister company, Fluid. Our people come from a range of backgrounds in architecture, planning, urbanism and communications skills with a common purpose to deliver better places through active participation. This makes for a rich environment and office culture.
Get to know us better by visiting our website www.soundingsoffice.com
We are recruiting for a Project Leader / Manager to lead a team (or teams) of engagement professionals on a small number of significant, mostly London-based projects.
This is a client-facing leadership role, supporting the Directors and working closely with other project leaders across the business.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering high quality projects to time, scope and budget. You will also be working as part of the management team to continually develop our services and operations.
- Provide team-leadership, planning and strategic oversight on the end to end delivery of consultation and engagement strategies on large scale urban change and rural projects.
- Work closely with the client, the design team and, where required, key public and private sector stakeholders and partners such as land-owners, major local employers, infrastructure delivery agencies and councils;
- Be closely involved in the production and delivery of critical documents such as fee projections, public facing media, exhibitions, Statements of Community Involvement and detailed consultation reports;
- Lead or provide strategic input into project communications and public relations working closely with the client team or other appointed consultants;
- Resource, budget and provide pipeline management across the portfolio;
Work closely with the directorship to inform business development. Key operational areas include:
- Services and products
- Markets and industry
- People and process (internal)
- Portfolio management
- Digital Engagement
- Oversee the day to day management of team members in the development of consultation strategies, events and communications – seeking innovative and effective approaches;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to structure, chair and facilitate meetings with important individuals, stakeholders, councillors, officers and the public (usually in the form of a focus group of some kind).
Knowledge & skills
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level, or above, in a related field (planning, architecture, urban design, urbanism, strategic communications in relation to urban development)
You must have a minimum of three to four years’ experience (depending on context) in a similar role within the industry with proven experience of delivering consultation processes from end to end. Creative forms of engagement are particularly relevant;
Have a thorough understanding of the sector and role of engagement in delivering sustainable communities;
The candidate must have knowledge of the UK planning process and development industry;
It is essential to have strong Adobe Creative suite and Microsoft Office skills;
Experience of embedding social value and of carrying out impact assessments is advantageous as is knowledge of digital engagement tools and prior experience in such a line of work.
- Strong team leadership and management is essential. This includes strategic foresight and planning;
- We are also looking for a reliable self-starter who is comfortable responding to changing project needs and tight deadlines;
- Confident interacting with, and advising, senior stakeholders and clients;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the sensitivity to manage challenging conversations at all levels;
- High attention to detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to deliver and coordinate delivery under pressure;
- Excellent oral communication and report writing skills.
On successful completion of the six-month probation period, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance and Health Cash Plan
- Participation in any applicable bonus scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance Scheme
- Increase in holiday reflective of time served with the company
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send you CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for applications is Friday 23rd October 2020 (midnight)
- 45-minute Interviews will be held via Zoom or Microsoft Teams (Due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted)
No agencies please.
Soundings is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusive practice.