Soundings is a field leader in public consultation and engagement on built environment projects, with over 15 years’ experience creating and delivering bespoke programmes of community involvement and participation. Assistants will be required to work in teams of about 4 people. They will be enthusiastic and have essential graphic, written and oral communications skills; combined with an understanding of the role of consultation and engagement in community planning. Knowledge of planning, urban design and/or architecture is an advantage; experience at creative engagement techniques an asset and a desire to build a shared agenda for change, crucial.
This role offers a unique opportunity to make genuine contributions to large-scale regeneration and strategic projects for London. Consultation processes generally involve extensive community outreach and mapping, developing creative techniques for people to participate in the design and development process in a meaningful way and ensuring high quality communications and feedback loops are maintained – including the use of websites and social media.
Consultants will be required to:
- Work flexibly, in teams and across a number of jobs
- Support teams to engage and consult with residents, community groups, business and the hard to reach including young people
- Help design and produce content for pop-ups, exhibitions and workshops
- Help plan and set up and take down events
- Organise, attend and record meetings and events with a range of stakeholders.
- Database, analyse and report on findings from consultation
- Keep engaged with relevant and cutting edge thinking
- Handle other office duties as appropriate
- Educated to degree level in an urban design, planning or other allied field (architecture / geography / design / environment)
- Experience using and working with InDesign
- Have some experience in community consultation and engagement or through postgraduate studies
- Competent level of IT skills (Microsoft Office: Word and Excel / CS Suite
- Comfortable dealing with people in public, enjoy public interaction and be a good listener
- Proactive – take initiative to add creativity to consultation projects/events
- Energetic and friendly – willing to engage with people
- Timeliness and ability to react positively to last minute changes
- Collaborative– projects often involve working as part of a larger consultant team that consist of architects, the council/developer and various other practitioners related to a development /regeneration project
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and
cover letter explaining your interest and suitability to email@example.com
. Deadline for applications is 17th May (midnight), but early application is encouraged as we will review applications on rolling basis. Interview dates are to be confirmed.
No agencies please.
Soundings is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity and inclusive practice.