Soundings is recruiting
19 November 2019
Senior Coordinator: Public Engagement and Consultation
Location: London, Shoreditch EC2A
“Better places through active participation”
For over 15 years Soundings has worked with Londoners to shape the capital in meaningful ways, on some of the most significant and challenging sites. We are the acknowledged field leader in public and stakeholder engagement and consultation. https://soundingsoffice.com/
We are looking for highly motivated, experienced and ambitious individuals who are looking for something more than conventional consultancy to support our expanding business and creative teams. You will bring knowledge of the planning and regeneration process, experience of community engagement methods and be able to demonstrate delivery of high quality visual and written communication materials tailored to audiences.
We are involved in a large range of public and private sector built environment projects. These include large scale urban regeneration, estate regeneration, neighbourhood plans, placemaking cultural strategies, town centre plans, one off development sites through to public realm projects amongst others.
We do much more than conventional consultation. We offer extensive engagement and creative tools and processes that develop deep understandings of people, place and history. This reveals local identity and priorities as well as harnessing local knowledge building trust and partnerships. Ensuring that local voices can meaningfully contribute to design decision-making and shaping the future of places and spaces in intelligent, imaginative and equitable ways.
We are expanding our workforce to help deliver an exciting new range of commissions for major clients.
Steve McAdam, founding director, speaking at the Centre for London on Building Trust: Strengthening Public Participation in London’s Planning System, said: “The future requires a commitment to co-production and co-design to enable diverse voices and local communities to contribute to shaping their neighbourhoods and delivering equitable developments”
Recent / current projects include: Canada Water Masterplan, for British Land; Brent Cross South, for Argent, Northfields Alperton Masterplan, for St George (planning award), Marion Gasworks, for St William; Gascoigne Estate, Barking, for Be First; Colchester Borders for Colchester Council, Peninsula Hotel, Hyde Park Corner, for Hong Kong & Shanghai Hotels Group; Berkeley Square, for Grosvenor; and the Royal Docks Cultural Placemaking Strategy and OAPF for the Royal Docks Team, TfL and the GLA.
We are looking for people with at least two years-experience
in public and stakeholder consultation and engagement. Either from the public or private sector and either from large multi-disciplinary organisations or small creative practices. You will have the ability to conceive and deliver engagement plans, manage clients, work as part of a team and deliver quality outputs and reports.
Key Skills Required:
- Understanding of planning, policy and design context
- Awareness of political context
- Understanding of communication strategy
- Experience delivering promotional and responsive communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Client liaison and management
- Event management
- Record taking and facilitation at events and meetings
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Project administration and budget management
- Graphic design
- Socio-economic research
- Youth engagement
- Video production
- Taking initiative and adding creativity to consultation projects / events
- Confident to engage with the public and clients
- Strong on organisational skills
- Collaborate with wider teams of architects, planners etc
- Be flexible with time willing to work evenings and occasional weekends
- £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience and skill
- Six months probation, permanent post on offer on satisfactory completion
- 25 days annual holiday (and public holidays)
Please provide a CV with cover letter to Kallista Omotosho c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews with directors.
Starting date as soon as possible.